The IMDRF Management Committee, composed of regulatory officials, provides guidance on strategies, policies, directions, membership and activities of the Forum. Furthermore, the Management Committee oversees working groups, which draw upon expertise from various stakeholder groups such as industry, academia, healthcare professionals, consumer and patient groups.
Details of the representatives are available at: IMDRF Management Committee members & alternates.
The roles of IMDRF Chair and Secretariat rotate annually.
The current members are:
- Australia (2022 Chair and Secretariat)
- South Korea
- United Kingdom, and
- the United States of America.
The World Health Organization (WHO) and Argentina are Official Observers. The Asian Harmonization Working Party (AHWP), Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) and APEC LSIF Regulatory Harmonization Steering Committee are IMDRF Regional Harmonization Initiatives.
Management Committee Members
The IMDRF Management Committee comprises regulatory authority representatives from the following jurisdictions:
- Australia, Therapeutic Goods Administration
- Brazil, National Health Surveillance Agency (ANVISA)
- Canada, Health Canada
- China, National Medical Products Administration
- European Union, European Commission Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs
- Japan, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency and the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
- Russia, Russian Ministry of Health
- Singapore, Health Sciences Authority
- South Korea, Ministry of Food and Drug Safety
- United Kingdom, Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
- United States of America, US Food and Drug Administration